What is i-gel?
i-gel, from Intersurgical, is a truly unique, single use, supraglottic airway management device that represents the culmination of years of extensive research and development. Made from a medical grade thermoplastic elastomer, i-gel has been designed to create a non-inflatable, anatomical seal of the pharyngeal, laryngeal and perilaryngeal structures whilst avoiding compression trauma. i-gel is currently available in seven sizes and is supplied in an innovative, colour-coded polypropylene ‘protective cradle’.
In short, everything about the i-gel supraglottic airway device has been designed to work in perfect unison with the anatomy.
Benefits and features of i-gel
- i-gel is made from a unique, soft, gel-like material to allow ease of insertion and reduced trauma
- Each i-gel features a gastric channel designed to improve and enhance patient safety, to allow for suctioning and passing of a nasogastric tube and facilitate venting
- Integral bite-block reduces the possibility of airway channel occlusion
- Virtually eliminates rotation
- Reduces the possibility of epiglottis downfolding and obstructing the airway
- Unique packaging protects the i-gel in transit and ensures that it maintains its anatomical shape
- 15 mm connector – reliable connection to any standard catheter mount or connection
- Clearly displayed product information – for quick, easy reference and confirmation of size and weight guidance
- >Position guide – easy confirmation of optimum insertion depth
- Buccal cavity stabilizer – aids insertion and eliminates the potential for rotation
- Epiglottis blocker – reduces the possibility of epiglottis ‘down folding’ and airway obstruction
- The non-inflatable cuff – made from a unique soft gel-like material allowing ease of insertion and reduced trauma
- Latex Free
The i-gel non-inflatable cuff
i-gel gets its name from the soft gel-like material from which it is made. It is the innovative application of material that has enabled the development of a unique non-inflatable cuff. This key feature means insertion i-gel is easy, rapid and consistently reliable. Using i-gel; the simple, safe and rapid solution i-gel is incredibly easy to use. A proficient user can achieve insertion of the i-gel in less than 5 seconds. no inflatable cuff, i-gel provides a safe and rapid airway management solution.
Applications of i-gel
i-gel is designed for use in securing and maintaining patent airway in routine and emergency anaesthetics operations of fasted patients during spontaneous intermittent positive pressure ventilation (IPPV).
The i-gel supraglottic airway is supplied in an innovative colour-coded polypropylene ‘cage pack’. This unique packaging protects the i-gel in transit and ensures that it maintains its unique anatomical shape.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.