The Russell PneumoFix® is a sterile chest decompression device designed for the management of tension pneumothorax, simple pneumothorax and pleural effusion.
Designed by practising clinicians who understand the limitations of conventional equipment, the Russell PneumoFix® has many features that make it a truly useful tool for the emergency care provider.
Purchase of this medical device requires that the user is supervised by or is a medically trained person and competently trained in the use of this device. Ensuring this supervision is the purchaser's responsibility. By adding this item to the cart I verify that I accept these terms.
- For medical professionals, use of the Russell PneumoFix® is quick, simple and intuitive
- Unlike the intravenous cannula, used historically in an improvised way for the management of tension pneumothorax, the Russell PneumoFix® is designed specifically for this purpose
- The Russell PneumoFix® has been designed to be inserted without the need for a scalpel or skin incision
- The device incorporates a Veress-tipped needle to minimise risk of injury to lung tissue
- 11cm long catheter – long enough to reach the pleural cavity of the vast majority of patients
- Low pressure one-way valve – to allow air and fluid out but nothing in
- Graduated markings and X-ray detectable catheter – for depth recording and accurate localisation at hospital
- 12-Gauge catheter – allows for rapid venting of air in tension pneumothorax
- Material chosen which minimises the risk of kinking of the catheter
28.00cm x 8.50cm
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.